Pregnancy affects the body in many ways. It causes your tummy to swell everyone knows that, but what many people don’t know is that pregnancy can also cause swelling of the legs as well. Every pregnant woman can relate to the pain that accompanies leg swelling. Applying pressure on some so-called pressure points can relieve you of the pain hence the need to select from the foot massagers for pregnancy recommended here. Yes! and you’ll be happy you got that massage.
Why do you need a foot massage in pregnancy? What are the benefits?
- Well, first, a pregnant woman has high fluid retention. The retained fluid is accompanied by compression of veins because of the pressure that the uterus applies to them. A foot massage during pregnancy can relieve these swellings and enhance circulation.
- A proper foot massage, if done regularly causes a drastic reduction in leg swelling.
- The massage itself induces a peaceful and calm feeling and helps restores mental balance. This is essential for women who are in their first pregnancy as the anxiety and stress associated with the pregnancy can impede a healthy delivery.
- For pregnant women who are struggling with depression or who are on medication, a regular massage can help boost the mood. It also facilitates the delivery of a healthy baby.
- Do you know the fetus in your womb feels the massage? Yes, it does, and the baby responds to it by moving within the womb. This strengthens the bond between mum and child.
Now that you’ve known why it is important to have your foot massaged during pregnancy, let’s review the 10 best foot massagers for pregnancy.
How we reviewed the best foot massagers
- We give preference to foot massagers that have a built-in heating function. The heating function helps soften the feet.
- We gave preference to high-quality foot massagers whose price tag is slightly higher.
Below are the 10 best foot massagers for pregnancy. They all have their merits and demerits, so you can make your choice based on these.
Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager
Well, this may sound like an exaggeration but Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager is the best you can find on any marketplace considering its quality and price. If you want a massager that will give your foot a thorough massage, then consider Miko.
Looking at the Pros
- It comes with a washable cloth, one that you can take off with ease
- It is sturdy and stable
- There’s a remote control
- It offers a deep and good massage
How about the Cons?
- Miko doesn’t work on your ankles and heels
- The massage may be a bit too strong for some people
- For people that have big feet, the massage might be uncomfortable.
You see, the Miko massager will massage your feet pressure point and help relieve the tension from your feet. Also, Miko has a separate foot chamber that massage both soles of your feet, and the sides as well. In addition to the massage program, it also combines the vibration and deep kneading feature to help you relax as best as you can. The massage covers most of your feet and massages you properly at a very reasonable price.
Med Massager MMF06
Therapists and doctors use Med Massager to help pregnant women as well as patients who have severe neuropathy. The massager helps to improve circulation in the legs and feet. Pregnant women, chemotherapy patients, and diabetes patients can use Med Massager MMF06.
What are its’s pros?
- First, it has 11 speeds programmed into it
- It is usable on other parts of the body, such as the lower neck
- Customer support is very responsive
And the cons?
- Its intense vibrations make it very loud
- The intense vibration can cause some of the parts to detach
- It has no other function except the vibration. So, there’s no air pressure or kneading
- Its angle cannot be adjusted.
Med Massager is mostly used by patients with severe neuropathy but may also be used by pregnant women. It has a very strong vibrating feature such that you can use it even while wearing your shoes. Its design is sleek and simple, so it is easy to move around. Its unique vibrating feature improves circulation. What’s more? You can position it in such a way that you could use it for lower back and calve massage.
Renpho Foot Massager
Renpho foot massager is the best for people who have plantar fasciitis, as well as pregnant women. And even if you are not pregnant, nor have plantar fasciitis, Renpho foot massager will give you that great, relaxing massage to ease your sore feet.
Pros of the Renpho foot massager
- It has an easy-to-clean detachable cloth
- It has a 15 and 30-minute timer
- Massage settings are easily adjustable
- You can control it easily with your feet
- People who have big feet might feel uncomfortable in it
- Slowly heated
- There’s no remote control
Renpho foot massager works using the principles of reflexology so you can be sure that it will work every vital part to relieve the pain. It has a heating feature, so the massage is effective by relaxing your feet as much as you’d want it to. The heating process is somewhat slow so you’ll have to turn it on before the massage. With that, it will heat to the right temperature so that you can enjoy your massage maximally.
Theraflow Dual Massager
This is a cheap one – for those who don’t want to spend too many resources on a foot massager. Theraflow is designed for you. It gives you the full benefits of a massage for a cheap price. It may not be automatic, but it will relieve you of those pains that are typical of foot swelling during pregnancy.
- It is portable
- There’s no need for wires
- It comes with a reflexology chart
- It is not automatic
- It only works on your soles
- The new massager has a strong varnish smell
This simple massage is made from Theaceae wood. It works with the principle of reflexology, targeting the vital parts of your feet, relieving the tension and pain. Although you may have to do the massage yourself by squeezing your feet against the massager, experience shows that it is great for neuropathy and plantar fasciitis, especially if you do the recommended exercises. The massager can easily be moved around the house due to the absence of wires.
Quinear Foot Massager
Quinear foot massager is the best for Shiatsu massage. This is not a surprise as it has many massaging programs, suitable for everyone. Quinear will soothe the sores on your pregnant feet after a long day.
- There’s an emergency deflate button in case the massage gets too intense
- It is silent, so you’re not disturbed. Just a gentle massage
- The manufacturer has an excellent return policy if you are not satisfied with the function.
- It is small in size, so only people with a maximum feet size of 10 will be comfortable using it.
- Its heating feature is weak. So, it takes some time to heat up.
- It will not massage your arches and ankles
Quinear foot massager is a unique combination of kneading, rolling, and shiatsu foot massager. Its massage function is comprehensive so you’re going to enjoy using it. Not only is it great for pregnant women, but athletes also benefit immensely from it. It is not a noisy massager. It is silent so you can enjoy it while engaging in other things like watching the TV. Contact your doctor first before making use of this massager.
Nursal is compact, it is portable, but it can still be used by people who have big feet. This massager gives a great massage that works your entire feet – soles, arches, and all.
- Its massage feature is very active
- It works the heels
- Charging with USB
- It is quite loud
- The massage may be very intense
- The cable is quite short and falls out of the massager frequently
Nursal massage is good, and easy to use overall. Apart from its portability, it is quite simple to use. It can be used by any feet size up to 12. So, there’s a possibility that everyone at home can make use of the same massager.
Naipo Foot Massager
Naipo foot massager is more than just a foot massager. It also serves as a calf massager. It uses air compression to massage the calves. It is great for pregnant women, women who put on heels to work, and runners. A foot and calf massage would be a great experience after walking all day.
- It is a calf massager
- It has a foldable design, meaning you can easily put it away after use
- Massage is comprehensive for both calves and feet
- It is quite pricey
- It is not portable – quite heavy
- The massage may not be as intense for some people
- People who have feet size above 11 cannot use it.
Naipo differs from most foot massagers in the market due to its calf massage feature. It is a unique one because if you are not in the mood, you can fold up the foot massager and enjoy a simple foot massage. With a combination of the rolling, vibrating, and air pressure feature, you’ll have your calves well-massaged. If you are using the Naipo foot massager for the first time, start with the lowest level and then adjust to your preference. If your calves and feet are aching, verify from your doctor if the massager can complicate the condition.
Neckteck Foot Massager
If you require a massager that will get your feet heated in the chilly days of the winter while still enjoying a soothing massage, then Necktect Foot Massager is what you seek. It is equipped with a powerful infrared option together with its massaging nodes. The experience is so great that you will always want to have a massage.
- It has a great heating function
- It is easy to use and can be adjusted with ease
- This is a great value for money
- You may not feel the effect if you’ve got great arches on your feet
- It massages just the soles of your feet
- The massage may be vigorous for some people
Neckteck foot massager has a compact design. It is low and wide, hence its stable nature. As such, you won’t have any difficulty moving around while it does its job of massaging. Neckteck is a silent massager, so you can use it even at work. It is portable, so you won’t find it difficult taking it with you to the office. It also enhances your circulation and energizes you all day.
Homedics Foot Massager
If you need a foot massager with a simple design, then you should consider Homedics. Homedics is made wide and low, which stabilizes it during massaging sessions. Because of its stable nature, you can use it with ease on a shiny surface without the risk of slipping or sliding.
Homedics has 18 massage nodes which will exert its massaging effect on every muscle of your feet. The massaging experience is comfortable and will boost the circulation inside the muscles of your feet. It also has toe controls for accessibility. I personally use this and regard it as one of the best foot massagers for pregnancy.
Arealer Shiatsu Foot Massager
Well, here’s our final review for foot massagers for pregnancy. Arealer Shiatsu Foot Massager is electrically powered – and it will give your feet a great hug.
What’s unique about this foot massager is that it has airbags, small-sized massage heads, and big roller to massage your feet in different techniques, including kneading, rolling, scraping, and shiatsu.
It is equipped with a heating device making it more luxurious.
Another fun fact about Arealer is it’s lightweight, so you can take it with you to your place of work. It has a breathable cover, you can keep the device clean and protected.
Arealer has a control panel along with a remote device to ease the process of regulating the massaging functions.
Arealer users find it very easy to tailor their treatment, therefore, navigating the various settings with ease.
While no scientific studies are showing that a foot massage can induce labor, however, caution should be exercised when using foot massagers for pregnancy. Discuss with your gynecologist before you use a foot massager. He or she will run checks to verify that it won’t cause any complications or trigger labor by accident. Like every other thing in life, foot massagers for pregnancy should be used moderately.